What To Expect From A Typical Freight Company
For those who are not in the shipping business, for those who have not tried to send any cargo before, they must have no idea that there are freight companies. But what really is a freight company or a freight forwarder for that matter? For the benefit of those who are not familiar with freight forwarders, especially those business owners who are planning to embark on export/import business, a freight forwarding company is a company that deals with the shipments of their customers. In short, they will be the one to do deal with the shipping process instead of the owner of the cargo. They will be the one to process the needed documents so that the cargo can be moved, they will also provide storage if the need will arise, they will make sure that your cargo will arrive on schedule and they will also be the one to update you about its whereabouts.
Here are some detailed explanations of what you can expect from a freight company:
- First of all, as what is mentioned above, they will be the one to process the permits needed including the bill of lading so that your cargo can start to move. But before that, they will also be the one to choose a carrier for your cargo and they will make sure that you will be with the best deal. In short, they are the third wheel of the cargo shipping system or the intermediary between the owner of the cargo and the carriers.
- Don’t think that they are responsible for the moving of your cargo. Nope, that is not the case though they will be the one to make sure that your cargo will start to move through their choice of carrier. Yes, it is the carrier that will move your cargo of course.
- They will track your cargo so that they can update you if the need will arise. They should be well aware all the time as to where your cargo already is. In short, they are accountable to your cargo.
- The logistics of your cargo will actually depend on the freight company you hired. They will be the one to decide whether they will use a carrier by plane or by sea. But of course being the client, if you have your own preferences when it comes to this matter, you can simply instruct them that.
- They can even provide you with some other services like warehousing, risk assessments and still many others that are related to your cargo shipment of course. Since they are connected not only to reputable carriers but also to the other side of the world, hiring any of them is actually the best that you can do.
That is right, if you are new to import/export business, you might have a hard time getting through with this task. As you have also so many other things to deal with, it is best for your situation to hire a freight company from Perth.